Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Seriously?

I don't plan on using this blog to vent often, but I just had to talk about today's little drama.
First, J and I have lived in this apartment for 2 years, and I have grown increasingly irritated by the lack of respect some tenents have for others.... I'm not sure why, but the grass right outside our windows has become a favorite "dumping" spot for several of the neighbor's dogs. This is irritating for 3 reasons:
1. I don't want to look outside my window and see your dog's mess.
2. Little H wants to play in the grass, and we won't let her because it is COVERED in "mess"
3. These dogs aren't running nilly-willy doing their business. These are dogs on a leash, doing their business while their owners sit and wait. The owners know FULL WELL what is going on, and refuse to clean up after their pets. If it's in your own yard, fine. But we all share this little area. And notice they aren't allowing their pets to "mess" outside of THEIR windows.
So today when I opened the window, only to see the HUGEST pile of mess I have ever seen, I decided I'd had enough.
I pulled out some paper and made a neat little sign that told this pet owner I was not happy.
Basically I said "Please clean up after your dog. No one wants to look at this."
Then I attached the sign to some toothpicks and planted it in the ground right next to it (the mess).
-Later that day-
-Actually, only about an hour later-
A dog owner walks over to the area to let his dog to his business. Dog sees mess and investigates. Owner sees mess. Owner REMOVES SIGN. Owner walks off. Leaving the offensive mess, but taking my obviously much more offensive reminder that he should clean up after his dog.
I can't wait until we have our own place.

2 comments:

  1. funny and sad story. people are seriously disrespectful. How rude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make another sign in response to that!!

    ReplyDelete