I had an appointment on Thursday and the nurse stripped my membranes to try to kick-start my labor. She told me it would probably take 2-3 days to work, but I started having contractions about 2 hours later, and by 5:00 Thursday evening they were regular and about 6-7 minutes apart. I called my friend L who had agreed to watch Little H for us, and gave her a heads-up that we'd be bringing her by in the next couple of hours. Then I called mom and let her know that I was in labor and we'd let them know when we headed to the hospital.
I was much better prepared for labor this time around, and was able to relax more through my contractions as well as find positions that helped with the pain.
Since my labor with Little H lasted 23 hours, I figured I had a long time to go and I wanted to labor at home as much as possible since I knew I would be more comfortable where I could kind of do my own thing. Finally at about 10:45 my contractions were 3 minutes apart and I knew I wouldn't be able to sit in the car for 20 minutes if they got any stronger. So we headed to the hospital.
One of the hardest things with my labor with Little H was that I had contractions for HOURS and then they would check me and I was still at a 5... so I decided that this time around I would ask the nurse not to tell me my "numbers". I did, and she said "so you just want me to tell you if we're admitting you or not?" Then she checked and said "well, you're DEFINATELY admitted."
About a minute later the tec. came in and said "Wow! You're an 8 huh?"
They called my midwife and she hurried down and delivered Baby K. Everything went great! She was 6 lbs 11 oz, and 19.5 inches long. We're very excited to have her as part of our little family.
Big Sister (Little H). It's taking a little time to adjust to having Baby K around. Thank goodness for Nana, who has been Little H's special buddy and is helping us out this week.
Today Little H liked Baby K a little bit more. Here she is trying to share some Teddy Grahams with her.
She is so cute and tiny, congratulations! So what is her name? Is it a secret?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you guys! SO CUTE!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!
ReplyDelete