When I was preparing myself for having a natural childbirth experience with Baby K, I bought a relaxation cd and I would listen to it to practice, well, relaxing. The CD I bought had some visualizations (you are in field of wildflowers... you feel the warm sun shining down on you...) and also some affirmations (you are strong and able...)
Personally I thought the affirmations were a bit silly, so I usually skipped them and did a few visualization exercises every afternoon.
J was a wonderful husband and let me put all of my "birthing music" on his ipod since my ipod had a battery life of oh, about 20 minutes.
Skip ahead to a few days ago. J got a ipod docking station for Christmas. He put it in his office, and he and his office mate, JC, listen to his ipod while they work on projects during this killer dental residency.
They are enjoying some background music when suddenly the ipod goes quiet. Moments later a soothing voice murmers "My Baby and I are safe and secure... and supported by Mother Nature." All is quiet again. JC slowly turns to J with a look of bewilderment. J just shakes his head. I love my supportive husband.
Hilarious.
ReplyDeleteHaha LOVE it!
ReplyDeletebha hahahahahha
ReplyDeleteAwesome!
ReplyDeleteOkay, sorry, I blog-stalked you! Hope that's okay.:) This story is way too funny!! I never heard anything from Jon about it, and now I wish I had... Classic!
ReplyDelete