Thursday, November 8, 2012

Here Comes Winter!

We had our first snow of the winter last night! J and I kept checking weather.com to see what was in store for our area (especially since I was taking Granddaddy to the airport this morning). The forecast for our town initially was 1 inch of snow, which soon increased to 1-2, then 2-4. We woke up this morning to see that the estimated snowfall in our town was almost 9 inches! The girls were thrilled.

Here they are playing in the snow last night- when we didn't think it would last much past the morning.


Little K was much more excited about the snow this year than she was last year.  She stood there for a moment like she wasn't sure what to do, but soon followed Little H's example and dove right in.


This shows you about how much snow we got! Amazing.  This was taken after driving Granddaddy to the airport, and the snow had been melting all morning.  Little H was worried the whole way home that our snow would be gone, but you can see there was still plenty!






We made snowmen on the porch.  This is Little H's (where the baby carrot is for her nose)


And thanks to Hurricane Sandy, we had an easy time finding branches for my snowman's arms!


We love this snow business.  The girls are already begging to go back outside and play some more!

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! I'm glad that we both have not been terribly affected by the storms. Nolan wasn't very interested in the snow, but maybe he will later like K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly Becky little K looks JUST LIKE YOU! She is darling. How perfect that you each have a child that resemble both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaahhh! I bet you guys haven't experienced snow in awhile! Such cute pictures. I'm jealous! Snow is always so fun before Christmas, but afterwards I'm okay without it.:)

    ReplyDelete