Sunday, December 2, 2012

Getting Ready for Christmas

Saturday morning we took the girls to see Santa at the nearest mall. I had made sure beforehand that the kids were allowed to see Santa without purchasing a photo package- so I took my nice camera and got ready for the event! Unfortunately, as soon as I snapped this first picture I was firmly told that I was not allowed to use my own camera.

Is it bad that I'm not very sorry? I love the look on Little H's face. It just captures the joy of the moment perfectly. I have to say that my favorite thing about meeting Santa was discovering his thick New Jersey accent. WOWSER. I honestly don't even notice the accent anymore until we are in a situation where I just don't expect it. And I did not expect it to come out of this jolly old elf.


Our family room all decked out for Christmas.

The tree skirt I made this year.  Pattern found on pinterest.  How hard could a no-sew tree skirt be? about 8 hours later I was re-thinking things.  But I love how it turned out.

2 comments:

  1. Love the tree skirt! Wish I was so ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I'm very glad you got at least one picture--Santa should be for the kids!

    ReplyDelete