Last year I made an advent calendar for the girls that included a daily Christmas activity instead of a treat. I figured that we all get plenty of sugar this time of year, and I also wanted to find a way to make sure the girls were experiencing all the joy of the season that I did growing up.
It was such a big hit last year that we are doing it again this year, with an added morning "devotional" where we watch the video / read the scripture for the day from www.25daysofchrist.com.
Here are the activities we have planned this Christmas season: (so far sleeping under the Christmas tree - including telling Christmas stories- has been their favorite)
Christmas Dance Party
Buy Presents for Each Other
Buy Ornaments for Each Other
Drive Around and Look at Lights, With Hot Cocoa
Watch a Christmas Movie
Act Out the Nativity
Go to Visit Nana and Papa
Wrap Presents
Make Cookies
Make a Christmas Craft
Make Ice Cream Cone Christmas Trees
Make Snowflakes
Sleep Under the Christmas Tree
Go to a Christmas Concert
Make a Birthday Cake for Jesus
Go Shopping for a Kid from an Angel Tree
Make a Christmas Book
Go Caroling and Drink Hot Cocoa
Make Modge Podge Ornaments
Do a Secret Act of Kindness
Have a Family Game Night
Read Christmas Books
Watch a Christmas Movie
Draw Pictures for Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment