Daddy: "That's where Mommy and Daddy got married. And did you know that now our family gets to be together forever? You, and me, and (Baby K), and mommy can be together forever!"
Little H: "But what about Doggy!!!! Doggy needs to be together with us forever!"
It's true. Little H would be heartbroken without doggy. He is her best friend in the whole world. He is constantly by her side. She makes sure that she shares all of her treats with him. I hear them giggling (together) every morning when Little H wakes up. Her new toy kitchen is dedicated to making tea parties for doggy and his friends.
And while I laugh when I find doggy sitting in Baby K's high chair with a plate full of toy food, and a bib around his neck... or lying on my pillow with a blanket tucked up around his chin, I am so grateful for doggy- because I know that when we head off to Okinawa and leave all that is familiar behind, my Little H will have her best friend by her side every step of the way.
Awww! That picture of her is so cute! I'm glad too she has something (or someone) to keep her company on your journey across the world. Just make sure you have a back up plan if he ever gets lost!:)
ReplyDeleteI know! We tried to get a back-up doggy about a year and a half ago, but TY retired him! I watch ebay every now and then but for now we are super careful with him. She'd probably know the difference anyway- doggy has been very well loved. His stuffing is basically non-existant.
ReplyDelete