Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Jersey!

Now that we've been in New Jersey for just over a month, and are happily settled in our new house (finally!) I thought I'd share some of the things I love about our new home!

We have enough room for the girls to run around like crazy.  After being cramped in a one bedroom hotel room for weeks, a house is a wonderful blessing.  I find I like them much more when we don't spend every moment on top of each other.



Having more than exactly 7 days worth of (summer) clothing is an added bonus.

Knowing that it will soon be cold enough to kill all of the mosquitos currently terrorizing us.  In fact, Little H's above photo had to be photoshopped because one tried to get his 5 minutes of fame on her forehead.  They are EVERYWHERE.

Being unable to pump my own gas (yes, it's against the law here) is something I could definately get used to.  And I'm sure I'll love it even more the colder it gets.

I love the color green!

Although it does take us about 35 minutes to get to anything (and I do mean anything), I have to admit as I'm driving through small communities and lots of farmland- it just feels so peaceful and I do kind of like it.  I would like it better with a Target nearby, but hey- you can't have everything, right?

Being surrounded by other military families, who reach out and make friends so easily since we're all kind of in the same boat and know what it's like to move all the time.

Listening to the Jersey accent.  LOVE it.

Drinking well water.  Yum.  Especially coming from Vegas.

Learning that anytime you want to turn left, you must turn right.  Realizing that we missed our turn, and subsequent turn, and being SO glad we have a GPS.  What an adventure.

Driving out to go shopping, passing about 15 different farms offering pumkin picking, hayrides, corn mazes...

And honestly, having this for a back yard just can't be beat.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! That last picture is crazy beautiful! New Jersey gets such a bad rap, but it is such a pretty state with lots to offer-- the beach, Philly and NYC nearby, the accent...:) Glad you're settling in! I'm with you on wanting a Target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful backyard! That will be LOTS of fun to play in!

    ReplyDelete