Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Safari Trip

Friday J had a day off. It also just happened to be my graduation day. After three years juggling school and kids, and having next to no time for myself, I finally earned my MBA! To celebrate both of these wonderful things (the day off and graduation), we decided to take the kiddos to Six Flags. Six Flags was wonderful. The girls loved the rides (mostly) and the weather was perfect. But my favorite part of the trip by far was our drive through Six Flags Safari. What a surprise! We had heard of this part of Six Flags, but had greatly underestimated it's overall amazing-ness. The place was HUGE! A drive-through safari in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. Almost all of the animals were "free range". The lions were kept in a large cage, as were the monkeys. And the bears were behind this small wire fence you can see in one of the following pictures. But the rest of the animals just walked around like we weren't even there. To tell you how near we were to these animals- I took these pictures with my little point and shoot camera, through the window.  They were RIGHT next to us.  I can't wait to go back! 





This giraffe was just helping out the local law enforcement- making sure our registration is up to date.

Of all the animals we saw, this one and the next were definitely my favorites. :)

The poor girl was worn out after Six Flags.  She slept through the whole safari.




I loved going this time of year, because we got to see the babies as well.

3 comments:

  1. How cool! I had no idea!! We've been here forever and had never even tried to go. Ok, next time you want to take guests, take us!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your graduation. What a great accomplishment! Oh, and that place looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you!!!! (Actually I am signed in to your blog as Kevin, but it's really me, mom!!!)

    ReplyDelete