Monday, September 3, 2012

Cute Little Kitten

A few days ago I was on my way to pick Grandma up from the airport when J called and told me that they had found kittens under the hot tub on our porch!

It turned out to be only one kitten, and the poor starving momma cat.  We're not sure what happened to her other kittens, (our best bet is that maybe a hawk or a fox got to them).  The first day we brought the kitten inside to play with it, it was very docile and mostly just slept in our arms.  We started feeding the momma cat and she is already bulking up, and now the kitten has a lot more energy and has been pestering her poor mommy night and day.

The girls love to watch them through the window, and we've been able to capture the kitten about once per day to play with it while the mommy eats.

Our next step is to get them spayed/neutered and get their rabies shots, and then we'll probably keep feeding them on the porch and see if they stick around.  I'd love to bring the baby inside, but I'm afraid my sweet little girls would love it to death... as I've already heard them plotting to "cuddle it in a pile of blankets" and "keep it in a box".  




2 comments:

  1. And so it begins...we were always finding our own pets and loved it! I think you should give them a name before you take them to get fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, so cute! My kids would LOVE to have a pet, but Jon is allergic so I'm afraid we have to stick to fish. They would be so jealous of your adopted kitties.:)

    ReplyDelete