Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hailey's Birthday!

It happened! My sweet little girl turned SIX.  She can't get over how grown up she is.  All morning she walked around the house saying "I just can't believe I'm six!" and even today, two days later, she turned to me and said "It's so weird that I'm six.  I just still feel like I'm five.  But then I remember that I'm really six!"  And now every (and I do mean every) prayer she has said since her birthday has included "and please help me to lose a tooth soon".  She's ready to get this show on the road!

We had her party on Saturday.  She had requested a "flower" party and so we started it off with a showing of the Magic School Bus show about plants (while the girls ate Whirly Popped Pop Corn and made Tootsie Pop tissue paper flowers).  Then the girls decorated their very own flower pots and got to plant flowers to take home.  Our last activity was making flower barrettes, which I didn't get a picture of because by this point we were running a little behind schedule.  But they were really cute, if I may say so myself.  Then of course we wrapped it up with flower cupcakes made out of marshmallows dipped in sprinkles.

Hailey had a great time.  She has such a fun little group of friends here in New Jersey.









I just had to get a picture of Kaitlyn's cheesy face.  She's quite the character.




1 comment: